Hurray! The braces are off!
To maintain your beautiful smile, we will recommend you wear your retainers a specific number of hours per day. Your retainers will hold your teeth in their new position until they become secure.
In order for your retainers to do their job properly, it is important to do the following:
- Wear your retainers exactly as instructed.
- Remove them to eat, while brushing your teeth, and during sports.
- Handle them with care- retainers are fragile! When not in your mouth, they should be kept in a protective case.
- Brush retainers with a mild liquid detergent and soak them in denture cleaner as directed. Always use cool water.
- Don’t lose your retainers – they are expensive to replace!